If you're anything like us, the Easter Bank Holiday is now a hazy memory of chocolate Easter eggs, Hot Cross Buns and roast dinners.
In an attempt to feel normal again (sorry body) we're cooking up this tasty Japanese soba salad. Serve on our pretty Riviera Placemats and enjoy!
Tasty Soba Salad:
Ingredients for two people:
- Soba noodles (80-100g)
- A can of tuna
- A few pinches of seaweed
- Celery stick - 1 piece
- Spring onion - 1 piece
- 2tbsp Mentsuyu (multipurpose Japanese sauce) - can be replaced with soy sauce
- 2tbsp Ponzu (Japanese black vinegar) - can be replaced with normal vinegar
- Prepare the Mentsuyu following this recipe – you can make a batch and keep it in the fridge for up to a month
- Boil the soba noodles for 5 mins
- Cool them completely with cold water and then dab them with a paper towel to get rid of excess water
- Finely slice the celery stick and spring onion
- Put the noodles in a bowl and scatter the celery, spring onion, seaweed, tuna and rocket over the top
- Pour the dressing over
- Eat and feel an instant zing!
Share this post